Teachers: Mrs Cavey and Mrs Parry
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Bacon
Class email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness. (John 10:10)
This is the precept upon which our Pilgrim School is founded. We are committed to enabling each member of our community to flourish.
Following the role model of Christ, we constantly strive to be His pilgrims:
forever compassionate, caring and inclusive,
forever aspiring and adventurous,
… forever Pilgrim.
We are so excited about sharing your Pilgrim journey with us in year 5.
We are going to make sure that this year is going to be full of fun and
enjoyment while learning about new and exciting topics.
The Year 5 Teaching Team
- Here are a few Top Tips which will make life in Year 5 run smoothly:
- Bring a named water bottle from home
- Wear your Pilgrim PE kit to school on Tuesdays - remember some warm layers too, if needed
- If you're having school dinners - try to already have an idea of what you want each day when you come to school
- This term's homework will be set on Google Classroom as before. It will be set on a Thursday and will be due in the following Tuesday.
- Homework Club will take place on a Monday lunchtime - please remember to ask in plenty of time if you are struggling.
- Bring your Forest School clothes to school every alternate Monday starting on Monday 20th September.
- Remember you need to wear old clothes with a long sleeved top, wellie boots and trousers and wet weather gear if needed.
- Enjoy reading at home and don't forget to record it. You can bring in a reading book from home to keep in your tray if you like.
- Leave all your bits and bobs at home - you won't need your own stationery or pencil cases or games etc.
- Keep talking to us - it helps us all - we're here for your whole family.
We would like you to record how much you read each day. Remember it doesn't always need to be a book, it could be a magazine or newspaper article........
Please make sure you respond to the comments and questions made by the adults who are looking at your reading log - we want your reading logs to become a dialogue between you and the adult who is checking your reads.
If you read different books in one day, you can enter each book in its own row.
For every 10 reads, you'll get 2 STARS.
BUT most of all, enjoy reading!
This week Year 5 met our reading buddies in Oaktrees and began to build our reading relationships. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with our partners and look forward to meeting them each and every week to share our love for reading.
We love to use our homework to consolidate or extend our class-based learning and your homework is an opportunity for a more personalised style of learning. Please continue to use the standards for quality of work we use in class, showing real care over the presentation of your work and the quality of the work you hand in.
We will set each week's homework online using Google Classroom.
Extra Stars will be awarded for any self-driven extension work, particular effort or a challenge set for others! We like an ongoing dialogue with your homework, just like we aim for in your Reading Record log - it really helps develop learning.
Homework will be set on a Thursday, to be completed by the following Tuesday.
Mrs Parry will run a homework club on a Monday lunchtime, where adult support will be available.
Thank you for your continued support; let us know if you think of anything else that could help the homework experience!
Term 5 subject overview
Term 4 overview
This is what we will be learning Term 3:
Here are the topics we will be covering in Year 5 and some useful vocabulary to know: